The following is a list of the cookies that we use:
- PHPSESSID – This cookie is necessary for ensuring that the website is correctly used and cannot be deactivated.
- B2009csmeadmin – This cookie is used in order to allow the website administrator to properly manage and maintain the website. It is an essential cookie and cannot be deactivated.
The following cookies are third party cookies used on the website by Google Analytics:
- _ga – This cookie is used to distinguish users. It captures and stores the Client ID field, which is a unique, randomly generated string that gets stored in the browser’s cookies, so subsequent visits to the same site can be associated with the same user. If not removed, the cookie is stored for two years.
- _gid -This cookie is also used to distinguish users by capturing and storing the Client ID field. If not removed, this cookie expires after 24 hours.
- _gat – This cookie is used to throttle request rates. It does not store user data and expires after 1 minute.
- AMP_TOKEN – This cookie allows us to determine how a user accessed the website. For example, whether they found the website via a Google search or whether they accessed the site directly. The cookie uses a token to identify the Client ID and if not removed, the cookie is stored from 30 seconds to one year, depending on whether a first-time visitor’s origin page is an AMP page or a non-AMP page and the frequency of visits to the site. AMP pages are Accelerated Mobile Pages, which is a Google-run website publishing technology.
- _gac – This cookie stores campaign information in order to provide Google Ads with a more reliable way to measure the interactions users have with our website. Analytics writes campaign information to the _gac cookie when a user opens a page on the website via a URL that employs Google Ads auto-tagging. This cookie lasts for 90 days. We are not currently running a Google Ad campaign and so this cookie is essentially currently redundant.
You may turn off the cookies used by Google Analytics by adjusting your browser settings. Your browser should have a help tool that will explain how to turn off cookies. You may also find how to turn off your browser settings by searching for instructions on Google or other search engines.
You can also delete your browser history in order to delete any cookies from your computer.